Recognises an individual, team, or organisation that has completed research that contributes to the field of project management:
• Scholarly or scientific investigation based on data from which general conclusions can be drawn
• The research focusses on the project management context or management activities needed to complete projects successfully
• Can demonstrate that the research has been applied and/or has enduring or practical value
1. The research work can be from any field, such as business, government, non-profit, academia, consulting, training etc.
2. The research findings must in some way contribute to the advancement of the field of project management
3. The nominee and/or team must be based in Australia.
4. The research must have been completed between the period 01/03/2017 and 28/2/2018.
5. Membership of the PMI for the nominee and/or other team members is encouraged but not mandatory.
Number of Awards
• One recipient and two finalists will be awarded annually.
• PMI reserves the right not to select any recipients for a particular year if the evaluations performed indicate that nominations do not meet the stated criteria.
All nominations must use the Nomination Form, available below –
To use the online form –
To use the downloadable form –
Please make sure to follow the guidelines provided on the form.
The judging panel may contact the Nominator or Nominee for additional information or with questions, if required to support the application.
Contact us on email@example.com if you have any questions.
Award winner Dr Karyne Ang from The University of Technology, Sydney at 2018’s Awards and Gala Dinner in Melbourne