Let yourself be heard and make a difference
Many of us in our professional lives go through times when we find it difficult to be heard. You could be:
- a woman who feels like you’re not taken seriously or are interrupted regularly
- an introvert who feels you can’t get a word into noisy meetings
- more junior than others and don’t feel confident enough to speak up
- conditioned to not speak against authority from your upbringing or culture
- an original whose ideas are unpopular or on the margins
- a newcomer who is seen as stirring the pot.
During her 20+ year career working at Accenture, ANZ and NAB, Megumi felt she experienced all of these. As a Japanese Australian working in mostly Western and male dominated organisational cultures, she had plenty of challenges and opportunities to experiment. Over time, she has learned some strategies and tips, including getting out of her own way.
Join Megumi to find your authentic power to be heard and make a difference.