This Award honours a PMO that has:
• Increased the performance of programmes and projects within the organisation
• Demonstrated a good understanding and application of n PMO practices
• Can show how the programmes and projects have contributed to the organisation’s success
• Have engaged effectively with the organisation’s senior management
1. All corporate, non-profit, and government PMOs.
2. All PMO types are eligible – Enterprise PMOs as well as IT PMOs, New Product Development PMOs, or other Business Unit PMOs
3. More than one PMO from an organisation may apply as the award is to the PMO, not the organisation
4. The PMO must be predominantly based in Australia.
5. PMO achievements cited in the answers below must relate to the period 01/03/2017 and 28/2/2018.
6. Membership of the PMI for at least one member of the PMO is encouraged but not mandatory.
7. Nominations must come from within the organisation in which the PMO belongs – nominations can’t be accepted from 3rd party organsations such as training or consulting service partners to that organisation.
Number of Awards
• One recipient and two finalists will be awarded annually.
• PMI reserves the right not to select any recipients for a particular year if the evaluations performed indicate that nominations do not meet the stated criteria.
All nominations must use the Nomination Form, available below –
To use the online form –
To use the downloadable form –
Please make sure to follow the guidelines provided on the form.
The judging panel may contact the Nominator or Nominee for additional information or with questions, if required to support the application.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
Award winners at the 2017 annual conference in Sydney