Recognises an individual who has:
1. Made an outstanding contribution to the practice of the project management profession
2. Demonstrated significant thought leadership and initiative in advancing project management concepts, techniques, practices, or theories through the effective application of project management principles
1. The nominee may work in any field, such as business, government, non-profit, academia, research, consulting, training, etc.
2. The nominee must be based in Australia
3. Self-nomination is not permitted.
4. The nominee must be a current practitioner in the field, so at least some of the distinguished contribution cited in the answers below must have been made between the period 01/03/2017 and 28/2/2018.
5. The distinguished contribution may or may not be directly connected to the PMI, so membership of the PMI for the nominee is encouraged but not mandatory.
Number of Awards
• One recipient and two finalists will be awarded annually.
• PMI reserves the right not to select any recipients for a particular year if the evaluations performed indicate that nominations do not meet the stated criteria.
All nominations must use the Nomination Form, available below –
To use the online form –
To use the downloadable form –
Please make sure to follow the guidelines provided on the form.
The judging panel may contact the Nominator or Nominee for additional information or with questions, if required to support the application.
Contact us on email@example.com if you have any questions.
Award winners at the 2017 annual conference in Sydney